The Center for Democratic Deliberation sponsors lectures, conferences, publications, and other scholarly activities related to its research mission. Providing both material and intellectual support for faculty and graduate students engaged in research on issues of concern to the Center, it defines its research agenda broadly and encourages faculty from across the humanities and social sciences to participate in its programs. Scholars whose research relates to the mission of the Center are encouraged to contact the directors with ideas or questions about the Center.
CDD Research initiatives include:
- Rhetoric & Democratic Deliberation, a book series with PSU Press
- Religion, Politics, and Democratic Deliberation, a CDD lecture series led by Professor of Communication Arts and Sciences Stephen H. Browne
- Deliberating Across Differences, a lecture series bringing together those of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Rhetoric, New Media, & Deliberative Democracy, the CDD's inaugural project featuring lectures from leading interdisciplinary scholars
- Camp Rhetoric, an annual retreat for faculty and students in rhetorical studies
- Graduate Fellows Program, recognizing students who conduct scholarship that reflects the CDD's concern with civic life and the character and quality of public discourse